Tuesday 2 September 2014

Guest Post: CREAM BLUSH CRAZY ft Zoe


Hi! I'm Zoƫ and I blog over at Writing Whimsy where you would quickly learn a few things about me: I love unicorns, purple nail polish, and cream blushes. Obviously one of my favourite posts on Jenn's blog is her Glitter Unicorns one, but today I've gone with sharing four great cream blushes, two budget and two high end.

Cream Blush Crazy  3


What I love so much about cream blushes is that a) you can apply them with your fingers (you can also use a stippling blush, but honestly, the easier makeup is to put on my face the more likely it is to get there) b) they look incredibly natural when applied. The one con is that the lasting power isn't generally as good as a powder blush, though you can top with a similar shade of powder to keep it lasting longer. The four cream blushes I brought to share on A Beautiful Zen are (from left to right): MUA Blush Perfection Cream Blusher in Blossom (there used to be a label...), Maybelline Master Glaze Blush Stick in Pink Fever*, Clarins Multi-Blush in Candy*, and MAKE UP FOR EVER Second Skin Cream Blush in 225*. They are swatched in the same order and you can click on their names to be taken to longer reviews on my blog (except the MUA).

Cream Blush Crazy  2

A few notes about these blushes in particular. The one that does cream-to-powder the most is definitely the Clarins, although it is quite creamy in the pan it looks like a very natural powder on the cheeks (which is also why I don't use it as a lip product). The Maybelline shade looks crazy swatched, but if you check out my review you can see that applied it actually gives a very natural glow, it has the most unusual packaging but is a great drugstore pick. The MUA blushes are only available online to us Canadians, but I am really obsessed with them and I keep waiting to hit pan on Blossom because I've used it so much, it's a fantastic everyday colour. Finally, the MUFE blushes are a bit of a spurge (and I actually have a very similar MUA shade) but I absolutely love this fantastic summery shade.

Cream Blush Crazy

I can't pick it a favourite, but I will say if you've yet to go cream blush crazy like I have, you are missing out! I definitely recommend grabbing a couple MUA shades if you do make an online order, because they were the first cream blushes I fell in love with, they are super affordable, and the shades I've tried all look really natural and pretty applied. Have you fallen for cream blushes? Let me know if you have a favourite/any recommendations. Thanks so much to Jenn for letting me invade her space with one of my obsessions!

Have you fallen for cream blushes? Let me know if you have a favourite/any recommendations. Thanks so much to Jenn for letting me invade her space with one of my obsessions!

0 comments:

Post a Comment